The goal of the Saskatoon Straight Shooters is many-fold:
The Saskatoon Straight Shooters Archery Club was formed in 2000 to help meet the increasing interest in the sport of archery in Saskatoon. Before the club was formed, people who were interested in archery had to travel to other communities in order to pursue this sport.
Our club is a family oriented club and encourages the participation of people of all ages and abilities. As such, our growing membership varies widely by age and ability.
We are registered with the Saskatchewan Archery Association (SAA) and the Federation of Canadian Archers (FCA).
RANGE USE RULES:
1. Must be a member in good standing of the Saskatoon Wildlife Federation, and paid proper additional fees to qualify for range usage.
2. A member may bring a guest with guest pass only, available from the Saskatoon Wildlife Federation.
3. Upon entering the range for usage:
a) Ensure the "In Use" light is turned on
b) Ensure the door is closed
4. Range Safety
a) No alcohol or persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol allowed.
b) NO bow is to be partly or fully drawn back with a nocked arrow unless on the shooting line and must be pointed downrange at all times.
c) In the event that two or more people are using the same range, one person must be designated, and act as the Range Officer, and ensure that all shooting is safely managed with typical range commands: e.g. "Archers to the Line", "Ready on the Line", "Shoot when ready", "The line is safe", "You may go forward and check your targets, retrieve your arrows"
d) No shooting into walls, ceiling, baffles, or anywhere other than at the central area of the backstop.
- Archery Butts/ Backstops
- All equipment is stored in the storage room on the right side and must be put back where they belong after use.
- Broadheads are not allowed on any of the backstops. If you would like to use broadheads, you must bring your own target/ backstop designed for broadhead use!
- Please clean up after yourself, this includes sweeping the floor!
Any abuses may result in immediate revocation of membership